Saturday, March 14, 2009

Colours and Makan

Salam all,
Research states that surrounding colours have a significant effect on our appetite. Of course if you've just came back from the artic, colours are not really the first thing on your mind. But take spicy malay food for instance. Just thinking about the sweat streaming down my back while enjoying that oh so delicious ayam goreng berempah.No,no,no I dont think that red would justify me having a second helping. Apple Green and soft pastel colours would be more appropriate. And I believe it goes well with that iced green apple juice. mmmm...

The chinese just have this fascination with anything red. I guess it goes well sebab diaorang letak banyak cuka and pickles. And colour me yellow with the mamak stalls. Of course another trademark is their giant TV screens which is switched on to ESPN all the time.

And plain wood goes well with steak and chips. I guess that wood just have that BBQ image imprinted in our minds. The McDs and KFCs just love kiddie colours. But I guess they are more in hit and runs rather than savouring textures or aromas. That's why they call em junk food.

Everything's psychological as they say. But when it comes to business people take pains to give their all to attract and that includes us. So just passa comment on the colours that you love with your makan and god willing we'll try to accomodate. Cheers and Salam and have a beautiful weekend.

Andaks

No comments:

Post a Comment